How to add fill types to combine pickup?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
GJGAMES051

How to add fill types to combine pickup?

Post by GJGAMES051 »

hello,

So ive been doing some forestry and by cutting the trees the trees create wood chips aswell.
Now I bought myself the fortschritt combine which is a mod. It has a header that can pickup all kinds of things like grass, straw, silage but not wood chips.

Now I feel its not so weird for this machine to pick up wood chips aswell but when i go to this header E294.xml it states nowhere what it picks up? i cant seem to find any leads to where i can add a new line telling it to pickup woodchips aswell.

Its from the E281 pack if anyone wants to look at it.

This is the only line that somewhat states its pick up but its not very usefull:
<cutter fruitTypeCategories="pickup" fruitTypeConverter="forageHarvester" useWindrowed="true">
It also has some $l10n files but i cant locate those.

I hope someone can help me out here.

Gert-Jan
XPModder

Re: How to add fill types to combine pickup?

Post by XPModder »

Hi!
The line you posted tells you that the header uses the fruitTypeCategory named pickup and the fruitTypeConverter named forageHarvester. Both of these are defined in the maps_fruitTypes.xml (or similarly named) file in the map you are using.
The fruitTypeCategory contains a list of all things the header can pick up. That is where you would want to add wood chips.
The fruitTypeConverter tells the machine that eg when harvesting maize it should output chaff and similar. You may need to add a line to that as well that says that wood chips in should result in wood chips out, but not 100% certain that you need that.

The l10 entries have nothing to do with that. Thats just translation.
The game has lots of l10n files, one for every language. The l10n_.... entry in eg the header xml tells the game to check in these l10n files for a translation for whatever text is needed.
You dont need to change anything about that as the game already has translations for wood chips and will automatically deal with that.

If you are using one of the standard maps or a mod map which does not have its own maps_fruitTypes.xml and uses the basegame one instead, I recommend NOT modifying the basegame xml, as doing so may break multiplayer and it would also be overwritten by the next game update.
Instead you can add your own maps_fruitTypes.xml via a mod. You can just copy the one from the map you are using or the basegame one into a new folder in your mods folder, then edit this copy and add a modDesc.xml that includes the line:
<fruitTypes filename="maps_fruitTypes.xml"/>
When you then load this mod, the game will load the xml in that mod and take the information from that.
Das Universum ist unvorstellbar groß und wir sind im Vergleich dazu winzig.

Daher kann mir jemand der unter uns Winzlingen Unterschiede in Hautfarbe oder Herkunft sucht, nur Leid tun, weil seine Sichtweise so begrenzt ist!

Fremdenfeindlichkeit ist Menschenfeindlichkeit!
LS-Lara

Post by LS-Lara »

GJGAMES051 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 3:04 pm It has a header that can pickup all kinds of things like grass, straw, silage but not wood chips.
The cutter specialization allows to use fruitTypeCategories or fruitTypes. In this case the E294 is set to fruitTypeCategory "pickup" only. On any map with default fruitType definitions that means, it only works on GRASS.

So I somewhat wonder, why it works on STRAW and SILAGE for you? These are no fruitTypes, neither are WOODCHIPS.
Do you use a specific map or mods that manipulate anything in that regard?

The mod-specific $l10n references are in the modDesc.xml and the gobal ones are in the inaccessible base game files.
Der Sinn des Lebens ist:
29.61%

Mein Traktor:
Base:
HP Pavilion 690-03xx
Core i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
2x Benq GL2450H
Windows 10 Home 64bit
Custom:
2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 C16 XMP 2.0
Samsung NVMe M.2 970 EVO Plus 500GB
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Logitech G203 Prodigy
Logitech Wireless F710
GJGAMES051

Post by GJGAMES051 »

LS-Lara wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:57 pm
GJGAMES051 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 3:04 pm It has a header that can pickup all kinds of things like grass, straw, silage but not wood chips.
The cutter specialization allows to use fruitTypeCategories or fruitTypes. In this case the E294 is set to fruitTypeCategory "pickup" only. On any map with default fruitType definitions that means, it only works on GRASS.

So I somewhat wonder, why it works on STRAW and SILAGE for you? These are no fruitTypes, neither are WOODCHIPS.
Do you use a specific map or mods that manipulate anything in that regard?

The mod-specific $l10n references are in the modDesc.xml and the gobal ones are in the inaccessible base game files.
Okay so bassically you tell me the header pickup is defined by the maps rather then the header it self so i have to change somethings in the maps fruit.xml as you mentioned. okay strange but ill give it a try danke schön