Planting but not using seed?

davea1963

Planting but not using seed?

Post by davea1963 »

Hi,

Trying to sow a field with seed after harvesting and plowing, but seeder not using any seed?
M&M

Re: Planting but not using seed?

Post by M&M »

Farming Simulator 2013 - How to plant grass, tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWJUKZsam_4
Murph

Post by Murph »

davea1963 wrote:Trying to sow a field with seed after harvesting and plowing, but seeder not using any seed?
If you're using a hired worker to sow the field, that's expected behaviour, working as intended. Hired workers do not use fuel or consumables (seeds & fertiliser). Instead they charge you for the fuel and consumables in addition to their wages.
Mac user
davea1963

Post by davea1963 »

Thank Heavens for that!

I've planted (I think) a couple of large fields and thought I'd just wasted my time :)

Is the proper order to plant a new (just purchased) or recently harvested field as follows?

1. Plough
2. Cultivate
3. Seed
4. Spray/fertilise

Would it be the same process for all crops? I've only been planting wheat thus far.

Thanks for the help - much appreciated!
DaveA
mrnascar

Post by mrnascar »

works for all crops. Order is ok. I usually fertilize before seeding, but I don't think it matters.
M&M

Post by M&M »

I usually fertilize with liquide manure from my cows or from my bio plant facility so I have
everytime a ready field ready to seed. Its stay there till I go for seeding and it could be days befort I do ...

That way all my fields are darker and I know they have been fertilize.

Befort or after seeding I see no problems at all ... Your choice.
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

Just as in real life heavily used fields tend not to need ploughing after every crop and it is also possible to plant straight after ploughing and virtually eliminate one step from the process. Also some seeders can seed through the residue from the last harvest which eliminates both the ploughing and cultivating steps although in my game I tend to plough once every 2 - 3 harvests and cultivate after every one just for reality's sake.

Good luck,

Bob. :hi:
Bootdancer47

Post by Bootdancer47 »

You do not need to plough and cultivate both--one or the other is okay. I like to plow because I like the texture change--it is easier to see what has been planted if you have to stop for any reason.
Farmallb

Post by Farmallb »

Ive come to see a difference in players. Some treat this as a game, like any other game, to amass money as quickly and effortlessly as possible cutting out as many steps as necessary to do so.

Others, like me, treat the game as a more or less real farm, and on our farms we try to farm it as realistically as we can. For instance. I cut hay, than waited a day, raked it, and waited a day to bale it.
I plow, disc for corn ground, and also harrow for other seed.
appairantly no one else does, but I try to farm with the same vintage equipment as farmers used up into the 1950s.
M&M

Post by M&M »

Well said Farmallb ...

Why be on the rush while farming ,,, this sim farm is there to make our days more relaxing so why rush anything on that farm.
I dont ... So I enjoy the full aspect of this farming making ... Go slow and enjoy all there is to enjoy in there ... :mrgreen: