COOP Question

TbouncerT

COOP Question

Post by TbouncerT »

Hi All,

I am new to this franchise and I am interested in playing this with my wife. We love playing the farm games on our phones and would like to bring it to our PCs. My questions are:

1. How does COOP actually work in this game? If I host a game and she connects to it, will she be able to do all the things I can, are we basically co-running a farm together?
2. What are the restrictions on a COOP game?
3. Now if I create a dedicated server (having to buy 3 copies). We both connect to the game and how does it play out? Same as question 1? (we're both co-owners)

If I missed any that you think would help with the whole COOP experience with this game, please feel free to add it.

Thanks!
OneAmongOthers

Re: COOP Question

Post by OneAmongOthers »

TbouncerT wrote:Hi All,

I am new to this franchise and I am interested in playing this with my wife. We love playing the farm games on our phones and would like to bring it to our PCs. My questions are:

1. How does COOP actually work in this game? If I host a game and she connects to it, will she be able to do all the things I can, are we basically co-running a farm together?
3. Now if I create a dedicated server (having to buy 3 copies). We both connect to the game and how does it play out? Same as question 1? (we're both co-owners)

If I missed any that you think would help with the whole COOP experience with this game, please feel free to add it.

Thanks!
1: Same as any other co-op game... Host a game she joins and you play in a Farming sandbox.
2: Not sure where you are going with this.
3:Dedicated server is run off your internet if you have it running on your PC. If you are both admins you both have the same permissions.
TbouncerT

Post by TbouncerT »

OneAmongOthers wrote:

Thanks!
1: Same as any other co-op game... Host a game she joins and you play in a Farming sandbox.
3:Dedicated server is run off your internet if you have it running on your PC. If you are both admins you both have the same permissions.
I was wondering because games like SimCity where you each have your own city but you can send resources and what not to help out one another. I am hoping that in FS15 case that we're both building, maintaining and selling/trading on ONE farm as like co-owners of a single farm. I know it's a silly question, just I have never played this franchise before and FS15 looks like it's really fun.
OneAmongOthers

Post by OneAmongOthers »

TbouncerT wrote:
OneAmongOthers wrote:

Thanks!
I was wondering because games like SimCity where you each have your own city but you can send resources and what not to help out one another. I am hoping that in FS15 case that we're both building, maintaining and selling/trading on ONE farm as like co-owners of a single farm. I know it's a silly question, just I have never played this franchise before and FS15 looks like it's really fun.
sadly no... All finances are pooled together onto a single save file. The current file used on the game you two are playing. Yes you can give her a separate account and your payments when selling grains is split, but as soon as she leaves it all gets dumped back into the main save file account.
hurkulez

Post by hurkulez »

Co-op all money goes to farm reguardless who/how many are playing... You as Owner / Co Owners decide you can buy and sell equipment...

On my Server/Farm. I (admin) am the only one that can buy or sell equipment...
OneAmongOthers

Post by OneAmongOthers »

hurkulez wrote:Co-op all money goes to farm reguardless who/how many are playing... You as Owner / Co Owners decide you can buy and sell equipment...

On my Server/Farm. I (admin) am the only one that can buy or sell equipment...
This is correct. Only the save game admin is able to sell and buy new equipment.
Der_Tod

Post by Der_Tod »

OneAmongOthers wrote:...
This is correct. Only the save game admin is able to sell and buy new equipment.
The admin can give the permission to buy things (and some other permissions) to other players in the menu shown by pressing "U". To transfer money to other players press "L". At the end or when a player leaves the game, the complete money will be re-transfered to the host automatically.

Regards
Der_Tod
Wenn der Tod kommt, ist Sense.