some decent Deere?

ilovetrains

Re: some decent Deere?

Post by ilovetrains »

yes I was referring to the 7R and 8R by agrosketch. We have fields just behind us as well as across the street and I pay attention to the equipment in use. From across the field sometimes a combine sounds more like a low flying aircraft with that high pitched hydro whine.

The powerstroke uses a navistar V8 (i have an 05 6.0) which does not have the same sound as the more common straight 6 engines found in heavy equipment. I used to have a cummins and it sounded much more like what you expect. The newer 6.7 engines sound almost like gas engines.

on the xml file- no I am referring to the actual 8370R xml file.
_Ty_

Post by _Ty_ »

lol, low flying aircraft.

Yeah for the late 2003 model Super Duty's and 04-07 were the 6.0 liters, then the 6.4 liter for a few years, then 2011 Ford made there own Diesel for the first time, the 6.7 liter. I have had good luck with mine. The power output is incredible-Any of the 3 domestics are really. I like'em all.

My dad had a 5.9 cummins also and your right, that inline 6 is about the sound I identify with machinery and what a tractor might sound like. But if you say the guy across the way with the 7R using the disc sounds pretty close, I'll accept that.

Ty
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

To my understanding all the new deeres and case have cummins in them don't they? one of our neighbour's has a Magnum a little smaller than the one in the game and it sounds way quieter. Our 8130 also sounds really quiet in comparison to our old 4450 and 4430. I think you're right Ty, all these new eco laws and such have made their way to tractors as well
_Ty_

Post by _Ty_ »

Trains,
here is that 6150:
http://fs15world.com/tractors/john-deere-6150m-mod There is a little bit of a problem with the sound not reacting to speed/RPM's when you get going, but the startup/shutdown/idle seem legit.

Gilroy, what do you think compared to your 4450, 4430?

Also, you guys seen this?
http://www.modhub.us/farming-simulator- ... e-9400-v1/
Obviously, just brought over from 2013, but I'm pretty sure that is the quadtrac sound that someone substituted in. Man...if someone would just work on those textures...eee gads.

Ty
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

I think I had grabbed that 6150 pack before and chucked it because of the textures. Will have to look it over again.

Well - I spent about an hour last night working on the syntax errors in the 8370R file - and I think I got them all. I finally got it to open as an xml document. I also started working on the wheels...it had some traction issues. But the steering is beyond me. It does not have Ackerman steering. I want to simply copy and paste the steering from a mod tractor I like, but not sure if that will work out. How much of the steering is in the i3d file? I will probably have a look at the i3d file soon as I think the mass is just too low for a tractor this size.

On the sound of the new tractors, keep in mind that not that long ago most tractors were pretty close to straight pipe exhaust. The advent of DEF and particle filters has quieted the exhaust quite a bit. But as Ty pointed out above, almost all new diesel engine designs utilize a deeper cylinder skirt that also changes the sound.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

_Ty_ wrote:Trains,
here is that 6150:
http://fs15world.com/tractors/john-deere-6150m-mod There is a little bit of a problem with the sound not reacting to speed/RPM's when you get going, but the startup/shutdown/idle seem legit.

Gilroy, what do you think compared to your 4450, 4430?

Also, you guys seen this?
http://www.modhub.us/farming-simulator- ... e-9400-v1/
Obviously, just brought over from 2013, but I'm pretty sure that is the quadtrac sound that someone substituted in. Man...if someone would just work on those textures...eee gads.

Ty
I'll have to try it in the next Couple days. Trains is right. Where our old girls are just straightly exhaust, the newer ones have all kinds of stuff going on lol. Some even take that new diesel exhaust fluid that the trucks take don't they.
_Ty_

Post by _Ty_ »

ilovetrains wrote: The advent of DEF and particle filters has quieted the exhaust quite a bit.
gilroy222 wrote: Some even take that new diesel exhaust fluid that the trucks take don't they.
Really? I did not know this. I'm not around real life farming like you guys. Do they have turbos on the engines as well or some modification of it?

It was once told to me that 70% of the worlds Air pollution comes from the far east, US is in the 20%.
it was also told to me 70% of the worlds automobiles/combustible engines are owned in the US. I have looked and could not confirm either, so I am just going to accept it for conversation that they are true statements. It would make sense that we try to make a dent in pollution being responsible for our 20% in the US, but how many of this 20% is tractors/farming equipment is contributing? .1%??? maybe? Doesn't seem like the positives out weight the negatives in the situation. might explain some of their cost with all the fairly new engineered systems.

gilroy222 wrote: Where our old girls are just straightly exhaust, the newer ones have all kinds of stuff going on lol.
lol

Ty
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Ya our 8130 doesn't take it cause it's an 09 but I know some of the new Holland and case IH tractors have a spot for it if you want to use it.

And ya the whole reducing pollution thing is kind of rediculous. The largest contributer to co2 I believe comes from cows, not automobiles. Forget where I heard that but if that's the case we should be eating more meat, not choking our engines lol. There's so much computer stuff on the 8130 that in order to increase the power we'd have to take it to a special mechanic to tune it. Whereas on the old ones it was simple, we turned up the fuel pump and bam and extra 50 horsepower lol.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Also forgot, yes most of them if not all are still turbo'd from what I've seen.
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

gilroy222 wrote:Ya our 8130 doesn't take it cause it's an 09 but I know some of the new Holland and case IH tractors have a spot for it if you want to use it.

And ya the whole reducing pollution thing is kind of rediculous. The largest contributer to co2 I believe comes from cows, not automobiles. Forget where I heard that but if that's the case we should be eating more meat, not choking our engines lol. There's so much computer stuff on the 8130 that in order to increase the power we'd have to take it to a special mechanic to tune it. Whereas on the old ones it was simple, we turned up the fuel pump and bam and extra 50 horsepower lol.
My BIL works for a diesel performance shop. They have had good luck with most newer equipment - but the performance gains are incremental. In the old days they could take a 150hp tractor and tune it to 200hp, that is a 33% gain. Now they are taking 250hp tractors and tuning them to 275hp, which is only 10% gain. The newer diesel engines are already producing about as much as the internals can take.

Not to get all political, but Ty numbers above and pretty close. Back when is worked for DOD and the Kyoto accord was in the works I saw some numbers. Europe (basically Western Europe) was around 6%, the US was around 12%, China + India was 76%.

And I noticed most of the in game tractors have DEF tanks on them...probably because they are modeled after the European versions. Look at your tractors, if you see a tank with a blue cap that is DEF. European tractors have required DEF far longer.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Ya our deere definitely doesn't have it then. I was wondering what those blue caps were in game. Guess that answers my question lol