Mod support for Xbox ONE and PS4

tlb84

Mod support for Xbox ONE and PS4

Post by tlb84 »

With the announcement that Bethesda will allow support for Fallout 4 PC mods to be released for the Xbox ONE and PS4. Will other companies follow suit and offer these capabilities to their games? I hope Giants will step up, and join Bethesda as one of the first companies to allow mod support for the Xbox ONE and PS4. Also with Windows 10 upcoming release, will we eventually see multiplayer capabilities between the ONE and PC for FS2015?
Last edited by tlb84 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Re: Mod support for Xbox ONE and PS4

Post by Stegei »

We were really happy to see the announced mod support for Fallout 4 on consoles. In the past we took some of the best mods on PC and put them as free DLCs to the console version. That's something we have planned to do in the future as well, so we actually already have kind of a mod support of consoles. However, we are definitely looking into making it more automatic in the future.
tlb84

Post by tlb84 »

That's awesome *thumbsup*

I'm happy that they're trying to be innovative, and ahead of the game in console mod support. One area that always hurt the console versions of games was the replay value and longevity of the game. So a console game with only about 500 hours of playing time. Now may have years of playing time. Plus all the diverse equipment, and maps may bring in more players who were on the fences about purchasing the game.
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

I didn't hear about it for PS4? Did they announce it aswell?
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
tlb84

Post by tlb84 »

Skullblits wrote:I didn't hear about it for PS4? Did they announce it aswell?
Yes, but it's one of those deals where Microsoft gets the first crack at it. Then after a few months PS4 gets it. I don't know the details, but it might have to do with the software. From what I heard is Bethesda is using Microsoft software (Windows 10?) to make this possible. Microsoft wanted exclusive rights, but Bethesda would never agree to that. So the compromised on a later PS4 mod support release. Unfortunately these are only rumors and speculations right now. With no hard evidence to back them up. So I would take it with a grain of salt. The only thing we know for now for sure is that the ONE will receive mod support before the PS4 on Fallout 4.
General Grimm
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by General Grimm »

We got free dlc? Where? I dont see any. Nothing in ps store. :search: :search: :search: :search: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

Edit. My bad misread it