Dedicated server problem

Axios

Dedicated server problem

Post by Axios »

Having problems setting up my dedicated server.
When running the dedicated server exe my local ip shows in the command window and when starting the server the server shows with a house icon ingame in the servers list while other servers are shown with a globe/planet type icon.

Unsure what is the problem and how to fix. Have tried to port forward and diffrent firewall settings.

Anyone able to help or point a desperate farmer in the right direction? :confusednew:
Last edited by Axios on Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_Silent_One

Re: Dedicated server problem

Post by The_Silent_One »

My dedicated server is not running properly either

I can connect to the web interface to start a new game, but the game doesn't show up in the International server search

I get the following errors in my game log:

Warning: Player name not allowed. Profanity text filter. Player name adjusted

Error: Running LUA method 'init'.

My server says the game is running, and I have the port forwarding configured from running fs17 dedicated server

Any ideas?
Axios

Post by Axios »

I have no idea :sadnew:
Tried running the dedicated server exe AS administrator? Downloaded and installed the patch of from giants? Tried another username?

The webpage where i manage server settings also shows an error with the phone app settings (something about local ip detected) and that it will may not work :confusednew:
Apache1222

Post by Apache1222 »

The_Silent_One, try creating a savegame in single player, create your farm, ect, ect. Then zip up the savegame and upload it to your dedicated server box and put it in place in the same savegame slot. then start the server from the web interface. I ran into that issue last night when I was getting my dedi server setup. Hope it helps.

Axios, are you hosting the dedicated server on a different computer than the one you use to play the game?