Alpine/Seasons

elgranjerou

Alpine/Seasons

Post by elgranjerou »

Just to be sure. The trailer claims that the map is "seasons ready" that means that I only have to put the Season mod on mod folder and that's all? no need of some geo thing or anything? is the snow kind of "alpine" real o just a litle bit?

Edit:
It would be nice if there was some official info about what means "seasons ready" about the Alpine map. According to the seasons manual, some crops shouldn't be in the calendar (only with the right GEO they should).
So in this case, sugarcane and cotton shouldn't be there. So that's mean that the GEO configuration for the "Alpine" enviroment is not there.
I don't want to start a new savegame, do a lot of work and then realise that it's not like it should be.
Last edited by elgranjerou on Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ace54858

Re: Alpine/Seasons

Post by ace54858 »

elgranjerou wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:45 pm Just to be sure. The trailer claims that the map is "seasons ready" that means that I only have to put the Season mod on mod folder and that's all? no need of some geo thing or anything? is the snow kind of "alpine" real o just a litle bit?
yep and as for snow that just depend on what you set it at in the Seasons Settings and you can have no snow, 1 layer or normal which will get fairly deep and yes the mountains will show snow cover as well :)
NateS

Post by NateS »

I'm not sure this question was answered correctly. To get snow with the seasons mod, you would need to have a GEO from a region that gets snow. A map does not have it's own seasons GEO installed. They need to be added separately.
PC & PS4
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Actually some maps have geos built in like medicine creek. Also seasons has a based geo that you can get snow in too.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:57 pm Actually some maps have geos built in like medicine creek. Also seasons has a based geo that you can get snow in too.
Yes this *thumbsup* Seasons on its own has a built-in GÉO based on southern England and in my experience it does fairly regularly snow in the winter. It won’t snow like a Swiss mountaintop but you’ll usually get some. So yes the map and Seasons will work without adding an additional GÉO.

If you want the weather to be downright cold and snowy, try adding a GÉO from a subarctic region like Southern Alberta, Northern Sweden, or Minnesota. I believe these are all on the modhub.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

DirectCedar wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:33 am
Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:57 pm Actually some maps have geos built in like medicine creek. Also seasons has a based geo that you can get snow in too.
Yes this *thumbsup* Seasons on its own has a built-in GÉO based on southern England and in my experience it does fairly regularly snow in the winter. It won’t snow like a Swiss mountaintop but you’ll usually get some. So yes the map and Seasons will work without adding an additional GÉO.

If you want the weather to be downright cold and snowy, try adding a GÉO from a subarctic region like Southern Alberta, Northern Sweden, or Minnesota. I believe these are all on the modhub.
yea i am using the Minnesota geo as it's the closest weather wise to where i am so seemed fit to use it lol
elgranjerou

Post by elgranjerou »

It would be nice if there was some official info about what means "seasons ready" about the Alpine map. According to the seasons manual, some crops shouldn't be in the calendar (only with the right GEO they should).
So in this case, sugarcane and cotton shouldn't be there. So that's mean that the GEO configuration for the "Alpine" enviroment is not there.
I don't want to start a new savegame, do a lot of work and then realise that it's not like it should be.
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

ace54858 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:18 am

yea i am using the Minnesota geo as it's the closest weather wise to where i am so seemed fit to use it lol
Cool. I hope you’re enjoying it. That is my Geo, unless you’re using the Lowry MN one.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

jah6575 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:14 am
ace54858 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:18 am

Cool. I hope you’re enjoying it. That is my Geo, unless you’re using the Lowry MN one.
yours :) Lowery, Mn one would be way to far off from me lol
NateS

Post by NateS »

Quick note on this map regarding sessons...

The starting garage/machine storage shed will NOT protect your bales from rotting and it snows inside it!

Found that out the hard way.

It's sad and frustrating that nearly every time Giants comes out with something, it's bugged in some way!
PC & PS4
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

NateS wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:34 pm Quick note on this map regarding sessons...

The starting garage/machine storage shed will NOT protect your bales from rotting and it snows inside it!

It's sad and frustrating that nearly every time Giants comes out with something, it's bugged in some way!
so very true and you can't sell it on it's own you have to sell the house to do sell the starting garage which is kinda weird as they are both separate in the ingame building menu.
elgranjerou

Post by elgranjerou »

NateS wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:34 pm Quick note on this map regarding sessons...

So far, then
-the "included GEO" of the map allows cotton and sugarcane in the calendar. I guess there is one because, according the mods manual, it works the other way around. So it would be nice to know what it does exactly.

-Buildings form this DLC are not "seasons ready".
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

To my knowledge, seasons ready just means that there is a snow mask for the map. IE snow won't accumulate on the main roadways. An included geo is a separate feature altogether
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
JonOne

Post by JonOne »

DMZ Commander wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:27 am To my knowledge, seasons ready just means that there is a snow mask for the map. IE snow won't accumulate on the main roadways. An included geo is a separate feature altogether
+1 this and also probably the skins on the new tree species are compatible with seasons I don’t think there’s a geo I asked in the trailer announcement post which geo the trailer was running to my knowledge didn’t get a reply
Jon, 29
Somewhere near the River Parishes.
I enjoy long slow drives in my combine, cold starts and red bird win streaks.
Please don’t feed the trolls.
aklein

Post by aklein »

DMZ Commander wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:27 am To my knowledge, seasons ready just means that there is a snow mask for the map. IE snow won't accumulate on the main roadways. An included geo is a separate feature altogether
DING DING DING.

To the OP.

All that is meant when a map says its seasons ready is that it has a custom seasons mask which tells seasons what is and is not under roof (in theory) although some map makers also use this to keep roads clear of snow, animal tip areas, etc. This also has an affect on if the map has hay and straw rotting if left outside. If there is no seasons mask then straw and hay will NOT rot as seasons does not know if they are under roof or not. With a seasons mask hay or straw need to be under roof to prevent from rotting away in lose or bale format.

A map does not have to have a custom seasons geo to make it seasons ready and many maps do not have one built in but leave it up to the player to decide what kind of environment they wish to play in. Seasons itself has a geo if no custom geo is added and the map does not have one then it uses the one built in which is modeled after somewhere in the UK. I am personally using the Upper Austria geo for my play on Erlengrat.

It sounds like you might be new overall to seasons and or just do not have some of the finer points of understanding with it. I would encourage you to check out my seasons how to guide where all kinds of information is covered including what to be aware of when adding seasons to an existing game play. This also holds for changing geos on an existing save.