Power generator incomme calcultation

camced

Power generator incomme calcultation

Post by camced »

I was messing around with power generators (solar panels and wind turbine) after one of my friend asked me how they worked because he was confused.

At first, the calculation for how much money you'll gain from placing a power generator seems pretty straight forward: take the income per hour and multiply it by 24.
That's in fact what the game does in the shop menu.

However, there is a critical flaw in this: power generators are affected by weather conditions/time of the day (for solar panels).
It would be useful to include some sort of explanation for that directly in the game.

For example, the large solar panels are said to produce €8,928/d, however, since they don't produce energy pretty much half the time, it's nowhere near the reality.
I think aiding some sort of "up to" the amount of money it will produce each day and add a tab for power generators in the in-game help would clear that for a lot of players, because as far as I know, the only way to know about how weather will impact each power generator is to actually look through their respective xml and through their functions.
WinstonRichards

Re: Power generator incomme calcultation

Post by WinstonRichards »

Great point about the weather impacting solar panels – Mother Nature does throw in some curveballs. Adding an "up to" indicator in the game sounds like a game-changer! And a handy tab in the in-game help would be super useful for all us players navigating the power generation world. On a slightly different note, ever tried dabbling in portable power generators? They're like the on-the-go superheroes of electricity!
Last edited by WinstonRichards on Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ziuta Modding

Re: Power generator incomme calcultation

Post by Ziuta Modding »

Unfortunately not in English, but in the pinned comments is all explained so you can easily translate for yourself
Solar panels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpCbMqf1oeI
Wind turbine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tpt5o34wdg