Trojan and unwanted Adveritsements on yur webpage

1biT

Trojan and unwanted Adveritsements on yur webpage

Post by 1biT »

Hi,

Please investigate why are so much unwanted adwertisements on your webpage!? This is terrible.
Although I just reinstalled my computer with windows 8.1 and I use the latest virus definition, the very first time when I opened your webpage I facing many-many unwanted advertisements which seem to trojan or any other virus. *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown*

What is the reason of this? Don't you have enopugh money for a good server administrator? Can I help you?

Thanks in advance.

All the best,
Tibor
böserlöwe
GIANTS Software | Support Engineer

Re: Trojan and unwanted Adveritsements on yur webpage

Post by böserlöwe »

Wich Site do you mean?
Please link to this.
Murph

Re: Trojan and unwanted Adveritsements on yur webpage

Post by Murph »

I don't see any adverts on the official GIANTS forums or the official FS.com site. Some of the mod hosting sites, on the other hand, are very advert heavy, and I've seen some sites offering FS mods which didn't feel entirely trustworthy. Even some of the legitimate mod hosting sites unfortunately do have some highly misleading or even fraudulent adverts, with fake download buttons, fake download managers, and the like in the adverts (but not in the real site content).

As the friendly neighbourhood moderator already said, you'll need to be specific. If you are seeing adverts on the official sites, it could be that you have a dodgy browser extension/plugin which is spamming its own adverts onto legitimate sites. There's not much GIANTS can do about 3rd party sites, unless they are infringing intellectual property rights.
Mac user