Post by Burtboy45 »

I need help when i try to find websites they all have viruses
Does anyone know good safe websites :confusednew:
I'm the one in your nightmares getting you through this. Burtboy
Praise the Lord for this day
_Ty_

Re: I need help finding mods with no viruses or malware

Post by _Ty_ »

Like JTC says. Modhub.us is a good one, however when you go down to the bottom to Download it, look for the Modhub download link only. All other links are subject to the same ad stuff.

Although, you can get passed adfly by waiting and watching the upper right hand corner for the "skip ad" clock.

There are others, but I seem to keep coming back to Modhub.us when looking for a particular mod and seeing what's just came out on a daily basis.

Ty
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

Good Luck...Trying to find a good mod site...And even if you do find one? odds are that over 90% of the mods will have errors or warnings.
So be sure to check your log file after downloading a new mod into the game.
There are a few error and warning free mods. You just have to waste alot time weeding out the bad ones. And if you find a virus free mod site?
Please post a link to it...... :hi:
fsmodding

Post by fsmodding »

farmboy002 wrote: And if you find a virus free mod site?
Please post a link to it...... :hi:
well most of the time the problems come from all the sites listed in here, that actually take mods from places like fs-uk fsmodding and modhoster and other teams personal sites, i only upload fsmoddings mod to our own site and modhoster, yet within an hour they end up on all the sites linked in the topic without the correct links and then they link to uploaded and many other sharing sites that have these bad ads.. what more can we do to prevent it.. well that comes down to the user base choosing where they download from, if your using these sites that steal others mods then they will carry on doing it, if you dont support them the will slowly die out..
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

fsmodding
yet within an hour they end up on all the sites
The maps I uploaded, I uploaded to one mod site and they ended up on who knows how many other sites? It would be nice to have a mod site that screens all the uploaded mods for viruses and then test them for game play before they are releaset to the rest of us.
And yes I would even pay for mods that are of high quility with no errors or warnings, And virus free downloads...
Most of the mods I have are from the Giants site... I have a few from the other sites too. maybe 5 or 6..And yes the game play's alot better with out the mods that are full of errors or warnings...The last time I check'd my log file I had 2 warnings and one error...And the only time I mite get a game crash is when I am using the chainsaw. hopefully Giants will fix that with patch 1.3 ? :hi:
Decker_MMIV

Post by Decker_MMIV »

farmboy002 wrote: It would be nice to have a mod site that screens all the uploaded mods for viruses and then test them for game play before they are releaset to the rest of us.
There is at least two sites that does that:
- http://www.farming-simulator.com/mods.php
- http://fs-uk.com/forum/index.php?topic=131323.0

And maybe that is why there isn't that many great/good mods available - because so few people take the time to actually study and understand how to make correctly working mods.
MikeLoeven

Post by MikeLoeven »

Rule of thumb if it is a zip or rar file its good if it is a self installing exe don't trust it unless it comes direct from the official site or modhub servers
Burtboy45

Post by Burtboy45 »

Thank you mike
I'm the one in your nightmares getting you through this. Burtboy
Praise the Lord for this day